During the exercise of processing 2013/2014 loan application forms, the Higher Education Students’ Loans Board came across 6,364 loan applications which were missing some vital information for further loans processing. Six problems were identified as follows:
· No Applicant’s Signature,
· No Birth Certificate,
· No Guarantor’s Photo,
· No Guarantor’s Signature
· Not Signed by Local Authority
· Not Signed by the Magistrate
For that reason, the Board informed concerned Loan applicants that such incomplete applications would have not been considered until the missing information was provided. However, until the deadline only 3,151 loan applicants had corrected their forms in time.
The Board is hereby once again giving a second chance to the 1,107 first year students loan applicants who have been admitted to priority programmes in various Higher Learning Institutions but did not correct their forms in the earlier provided time (from 16th August to 30th August) to do so within the next 14 days from 24th October to 6th November 2013. These are students who are admitted into the following Priority programmes:
· Education (Science) and Education (Mathematics).
- Health Sciences (Doctor of Medicine, Dental Surgery,
- Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Midwifery, BSc in Prosthetics and Orthotics, BSc in Physiotherapy, BSc in Health Laboratory Sciences, BSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences and BSc in Radiotherapy Technology).
- Civil and Irrigation Engineering.
- Petroleum and Gas engineering
- Education Non-Science and Non Mathematics
- Engineering (Programmes recognised by TCU/NACTE which are Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Mining, Mineral and Processing, Textile, Chemical and Processing, Agriculture, Food and Processing, Automobile, Industrial, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer, Computer Science Software, Information Systems and Network, Environmental, Municipal and Industrial Services, and Bio-Processing and Post-Harvest)
- Agricultural and Forestry Sciences (Programmes recognised by TCU/NACTE which are Agriculture General, Agronomy, Horticulture, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Forestry, Aquaculture, Wildlife Management, and Food Science and Technology)
- Animal Sciences
- Science Programmes (Programmes recognised by TCU/NACTE which are BSc in/with General, Applied Zoology, Botanical, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Aquatic Environmental sciences and Conservation, Geology, Petroleum Geology, Petroleum Chemistry, Mathematics, Mathematics and Statistics, Environmental Science and management, Environmental Health, Biotechnology and Laboratory, Wildlife and Conservation, and Computer)
- Land Sciences (Programmes recognised by TCU/NACTE which are Architecture, Landscape and Architecture, Interior Design, Building Survey, and Land Management and valuation)
Loan applicants and/or guarantors who have not signed their documents are required to come physically at HESLB offices on Plot No. 8, Block No. 46 Sam Nujoma Road, Mwenge- Dar es Salaam for corrections of their loan applications.
Applicants who have not attached (to their application forms) birth certificates, guarantor’s particulars such as photocopy of Passport or voter’s registration cards or passport size photographs should send the missing particulars to the Board with a covering letter indicating their Full Names and Form Four Index Numbers through the following address:
The Executive Director,
Higher Education Students’ Loans Board,
P. O. Box 76068,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for corrections of the shortcomings is 6th November 2013.
All attachments must be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
NB: The Board is cautioning loan applicants to be careful with some unscrupulous individuals who might take advantage of this opportunity to make financial demands. Also it should be noted that all corrections will be done outside the system (OLAS) as no missing information is directly connected to online loan application technicalities.
HIGHER EDUCATION STUDENTS’ LOANS BOARD