CHUO KIKUU CHA TUMAINI CHATANGAZA FANI MPYA YA MASOMO
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE PROGRAM IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (EVENING PROGRAM)
Computing is one of the fastest growing areas of industry in the world, including developing countries.
Thus, the need for information technology (IT) work force is high everywhere. Institutions of higher education are often expected to meet that need. Several IT programs in African universities have been directly adopted from other continents (especially Europe and America) and implemented in African universities without paying attention to how well the curriculum content fits local needs. This poses the threat that the knowledge and skills that students gain in their education are not fully relevant due to the technological situation and cultural background of the country.
The degree is aimed at developing five competency areas: programming and software engineering, network administration, web development and e-business, hardware and software support, and general academic competency. Strands of ethics and law, multimedia, robotics, team working, interdisciplinary, innovation, leadership and management, sustainable planning, life-long learning, customer service, environmental responsibility, and global responsibility are woven into a number of courses in the curriculum.ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The student entrance requirements are based on the following conditions and categories:
Category A: Equivalent qualifications (Diploma holders)
Applicants eligible for equivalent admission to the degree program must have either:
– A diploma in information technology with an average grade of no less than “B” or a diploma in a related field from a recognized (accredited) institution
– Met entry requirements at an accredited university in the applicant’s home country (for foreign applicants) subject to approval by the IUCO Academic Board and the Tumaini University Senate.
Category B: Entrance examination qualifications
Applicants who have at least two principal passes, but have less than 4.5 total points on the ACSEE must pass the Tumaini University, Iringa University College entrance examination which consists of mathematics and physics.
Category C: Mature age entry
Applicants eligible for mature age admission to the degree program must:
– Be of 25 years of age or older in the year of application
– Have completed Form IV (or equivalent) at least five years prior to the year of application
– Have attended extra-mural classes or residential courses and submit a letter of recommendation from the tutor, or have attended a residential course at an Adult Education College and submit a letter of recommendation from the principal
– Pass the Tumaini University, Iringa University College entrance examination which consists of mathematics and physics
SOURCE : www.tumaini.ac.tz